Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is considered one of the most rigorous forms of mixed martial arts. It requires self-discipline, dedication, tenacity, and the ability to anticipate your opponent’s next move in order to counter it and to retain control of the outcome.
Personal injury attorney Brian Carness holds a black belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. It is these very same skills that Brian Carness uses to benefit his clients.
He knows when to be aggressive and when to stand his ground. Holding a certificate in Alternative Dispute Resolution from Pepperdine University’s Strauss Institute, the #1 Ranked ADR program in the nation, Brian uses his ADR training to develop creative legal solutions for his clients’ benefit.
Prior to law school, personal injury lawyer Brian Carness worked at a large, national law firm. But representing large corporations and Big Insurance wasn’t how he wanted to use his skills. Brian wanted to protect individuals.
Moving to plaintiff law, Brian Carness gains great satisfaction from helping people navigate the minefields of the civil justice system and get the justice they deserve for the wrongs they suffered due to the negligence or carelessness of another.
At Olan Law, Brian represents clients who have been wronged due to a personal injury, employment disputes, and insurance claims. But whatever type of case he takes on, Brian brings to the table the skills he has developed as a litigator, a mediator, and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu practitioner.
- Southern California Rising Stars; 2009, 2010, 2013, 2014.
- California State Bar, 2005
- Pepperdine University School of Law, Juris Doctorate, May 2004
- Moot Court, Quarter Finalist, Vincent Dalsimer Moot Court Competition
- Dean’s Award
- Student Mentor, 2002 – 2004
- Strauss Institute for Dispute Resolution, Certificate in Alternative Dispute Resolution, 2004
- Top Student, Negotiating & Settlement Advocacy
- University of Oregon, Bachelor of Arts in political science, 1999
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- American Association of Justice
Contact Brian Carness
Contact Brian Carness for a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss your legal matter.