David Olan doesn’t do anything halfway. He challenges himself regularly, surfing, skiing, snowboarding, and biking. He even earned a Black Belt in Shotokan Karate in 1995.
David shows the same single-mindedness representing individuals and families who have suffered serious personal injuries and losses. David Olan’s sense of fair play gives him that extra push to demand that an insurance company or employer honor their obligations.
David doesn’t know what giving up means, whether he’s in court or riding a wave.
David Olan’s results are the best examples of his skills.
The testimonials from former clients demonstrate how committed he is to his clients’ best interests.
Personal injury attorney David Olan is recognized by the legal community for his expertise and his skill:
- Best Lawyers of America, 2011 – 2016
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers, 2014 – 2016
- Southern California Super Lawyers, 2007 – 2016
- Top 100 Southern California Super Lawyers, 2012, 2013, 2016
- AV-Preeminent Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- 10/10 Avvo Rating
David considers the highest compliment to be how often he is referred cases by other California leading attorneys. After all, the best attorneys only refer to the best.
David Olan knew he wanted to be an attorney by the age of five. He grew up in his father’s law office. A New York personal injury attorney who moved to Los Angeles before David was born, David learned the family business early.
His formal education includes:
- University of California at Los Angeles, Bachelor of Science in political science with an emphasis on international relations, 1985.
- Studied at the University of Salzburg, Salzburg, Austria, junior year.
- University of San Diego School of Law, Juris doctorate, 1989.
* Honors from the Moot Court
* International Law Society
* California Coastal Commission, intern
- California State Bar, 1989
David Olan is an involved and active member of the legal community. In addition to publishing and speaking on litigation matters, David Olan is associated with the:
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles, Board of Governors, 1997 – 2004
- Consumer Attorneys of California, Board of Governors, 1998
- Santa Monica Bar Association, 2013 President
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Association of Surfing Lawyers, founder
- American Association of Justice
- Trial Lawyers for Public Justice
- Western Trial Lawyers Association
- California State Bar
David Olan is as involved in the community as he is in every other part of his life. He blends his passion for the environment with his commitment to making the world a better place by standing up for people who have been wrongfully injured.
Contact David Olan
To talk about your legal issue, contact David Olan. After your free, no-obligation consultation, you will know your legal options. This will allow you to make the best decision for yourself and your family.