Legal Assistance for Victims of Sexual Harassment
Sexual Harassment is Illegal.
Whether you are a man or a woman — regardless of your sexual orientation — sexual harassment is illegal.
Sexual harassment can happen in school, in the workplace, and in professional organizations. It is demeaning and humiliating.
You do not have to put up with sexual harassment. YOU are not responsible for someone else’s inappropriate behavior.
With the help of a sexual harassment attorney at Olan Law, you CAN make your abuser stop.
Lies Your Abuser May Tell You
Your abuser wants you to be worried. Your abuser counts on your fear that no one will believe you or that you will be embarrassed if you report the sexual harassment.
Your abuser my even tell you that no one will believe you if you report them. The abuser may tell you that you will be unable to find another job because you will be labeled a troublemaker.
If sexual harassment is happening on the job, your abuser may tell you that you will not be promoted or you may be demoted or even fired if you do not go along with them.
If you are retaliated against for bringing a sexual harassment lawsuit against a person or a company, they can be in even more legal trouble if you are demoted or fired.
Sexual Harassment is Unwanted
Sexual Harassment is:
- Unwelcome jokes, comments, or gestures of a sexual nature
- Displaying offensive sexual or suggestive pictures or objects
- Unwanted flirting, sexual advances, or propositions
- Suggestive or obscene letters, notes, invitations, emails, or messages
- Inappropriate and unwanted touching or blocking or impeding movements
- Promising employment benefits for sex
A Boss Has No Right to Sexually Harass You
A supervisor, boss, or the owner of the company has no right to force you to put up with unwanted sexual behavior. It is not legal for them to attempt to manipulate you into participating in a sexual act.
As sexual harassment lawyers, David Olan and Toby Noblin can take action against your abuser on your behalf. Even if you need the job, no one has the right to force you to put up with sexual harassment or to participate in an unwanted sexual act.
Employees May Not Sexually Harass You
In a sexual harassment lawsuit, the law is on your side. The law says that employers and companies must protect their employees, sales people, and independent contractors from sexual harassment.
The Cost of a Sexual Harassment Attorney
At Olan Law, David Olan represents people like you on a contingency basis. This means that you pay nothing until your sexual harassment lawsuit is resolved.
There are Deadlines for Lawsuits
You want to contact David Olan as soon as possible because there are deadlines (statutes of limitation) by which time you must file a lawsuit. If you miss the deadline, you give up your right to ever right that injustice.
Contact a Sexual Harassment Attorney
Contact David Olan at Olan Law for a free, confidential, no-obligation consultation.
FAQ: Sexual Harassment
Q: What compensation can I recover if I am sexually harassed?
A: The type and amount of compensation you may be awarded in a sexual harassment lawsuit depends on the circumstances. If you win a sexual harassment lawsuit the court can order the company to:
- Reinstate you if you were fired or laid off from your job.
- Compensate you for lost earning and benefits.
- Compensate your for lost future earnings.
- Compensate you for pain and suffering.
- Pay you punitive damages.
- Pay your attorney’s fees.
Q: Can I be fired for bringing a sexual harassment lawsuit?
A: The law makes it illegal to fire someone for filing a complaint about sexual harassment. If you are terminated because of filing such a complaint, you also may have a retaliation lawsuit against the company.
Q: If I feel I am being sexually harassed, what should I do?
A: If you are suffering sexual harassment:
- Keep a written diary listing the day, time, location, and a short description of each incident, who was involved, and the names of anyone who observed the incident.
- If the person sexually harassing you sends you any written communications (memos, letters, emails, or text messages), save them.
- Go to your supervisor, the boss, the company’s owner, and report the person. You can make a copy of your diary and any correspondence, but DO NOT give the originals to anyone but your attorney.
- If the company does nothing, contact a sexual harassment attorney at Olan Law.
Contact David Olan or Toby Noblin for a free, no-obligation consultation.
What to look for in remedies online? Numerous medicaments are used to treat symptoms of Parkinson’s disease, such as muscle spasms. The remedy is used together with other medicaments to treat symptoms of Parkinson’s disease. Whilst erectile malfunction is more common in men over 75, men of any age can unable to have an erection. Learn more about “herb viagra“. Apparently every man has heard at least some about “what is herbal viagra“. Questions, like “over the counter viagra substitute“, are linked numerous types of health problems. In addition, there are definite of explanations and pharmacists are usually able to pinpoint your problem through psychological tests. Likely you already heard that any preparation has side effects. Keeping this information in view, do some research to see if a company offering discount generics could be the right fit for you to help your family save money on valuable medicine.